Friday, 8 November 2013

Procrasta-blogging

For the past few days I've been starting to study (and when I say 'study' I really mean 'attempting to study') for my final exam. Yes, you read that right. Exam. Singular. One exam. 

I guess I should count myself lucky because I only have one exam, and I am glad that it's only one (I'm pretty sure the technique of studying for more than one has been banished from my head after the HSC), but when that one exam is on the very last day of the exam period, at 2:00 in the afternoon, it annoys me. I could be finished right now! But noooo, my exam is in two weeks, so I'm not officially free until then. And this fact comes with good and bad implications. 

The good - it gives me two very welcome weeks to study. Seeing as I haven't done the past five weeks worth of reading, I should be using this time wisely, no?? 

The bad - it gives me 12 days of procrastination, and 48 hours of mad cramming. 

Every single assessment I tell myself that I'm going to finish it days in advance, and every single time I'm working into the wee hours of morning not even caring about the quality, just wanting to get it done. 

I know that this is how it's going to go down this time round, so why can't I change it?

Well, I can't for the life of me find the motivation to work. And honestly, I've tried. 

 As of this moment, I have caught up on all my TV shows (and trust me, there are a lot of shows that I watch), I've discovered 50 new youtube channels, watched thousands of daily vlogs and probably every proposal video there is out there. I've eaten multiple boxes of biscuits, sent hundreds of texts to my friends complaining about how hard it is to study and replied to dozens of emails that I should've written weeks ago. 


In fact, I should be making notes right now, but instead I've decided to write a blog post about how I should be studying. Procrastination at its finest. 


The 5 Minute Guide to Writing an Essay ECard

No comments:

Post a Comment