Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Finally Free

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been crazily studying (ahem trying to study) for my exam, and finally its done and dusted. Over. Finito. 

And so faced with a potentially big empty void of nothing to do for the next three months, I've book myself a flight to China and leave in less than a week. 

Ok, to be fair, I booked the tickets ages ago (as part of my procrastination) and have been planning such a trip for bit. But while this won't be my first time going there alone, and I will be staying with friends/family for some of the time, it still cares the beejezus out of me. 

The thought of going to another country where you can't read any of the signs or really speak the language (although I guess I do have a foot up because I can understand some of it) both terrifies and excites me. I'd like to think I am independent and am quite capable of taking care of myself- I mean who doesn't - but the truth of the matter is, you will never truly know until you are put in such a situation where there's no one to rely on but yourself. And I can honestly say that I hope that I will never ever find myself in such a situation. 

I've always been the type of person who has plans, and back-up plans and back-up back-up plans with a bit of spontaneity thrown in here and there. This trip however, I haven't organised anything apart from my flight there and back. Zilch. Nada. And hence stems the root of my fear. 

So I guess, watch this space. I don't know if I will give in and try to plan every minuscule detail, or if I'll be lazy and just see where the current takes me, but I promise to share my adventures with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment